[rollei_list] Re: Difficult To Load?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 15:59:45 -0400

At 03:34 PM 8/1/2010, Hauke Fath wrote:
>At 17:19 Uhr -0700 19.7.2010, Peter K. wrote:
>>The most difficult cameras to load for me were the old
>>Contax with the stupid drop off back and the removable spool, [...]
>
>This is a bit late, since I have been on holiday, but: I cannot follow you
>there. I shot six slide films in a Contax II with what looks like a
>post-war takeup spool, and had no problem reloading. My fingers quickly
>learned where to go, and every load was easier than the previous one.
>
>One thing that will let me try a pre-war spool, though, is the jagged image
>position - it looks like the post-war spool has an offset in height
>compared to the film cartridge.

I have a Prewar and Postwar take-up spool before me now and there is no difference in height, just in construction.

You would do best to get a Contax cassette to use as a take-up spool in any event. That way, you can open the camera in the middle of a roll if you want to change film types. Peter K may not like the Contax but it was a mighty flexible system camera!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!