[pchelpers] Re: Dist format or disk eraser utility

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 02:13:35 +0200

Hi Gerald

> I  have  a  newer  PC,  I  do not  need  anything.  I do  not  drive.
> I  cannot lug this  monster  desktop  looking  for  a  home  for  it.

OK, finally starting to understand what you're saying. But you never
answered most of my questions, especially why you spoke about IE and the
DVD drive and the restore disk in the first message.

> Ek  is  wrong.  I  bought  a  CD  from  Dell  with  IE  a  long  time
> ago   So  I  was  not  entitled  to  a  factory  restore  CD.

Wrong about what? If you paid for a CD with IE on it, then there was
probably something else on it too because as far as i know IE was always
free so it would have been illegal to charge for it. In any case, that
has nothing to do with a restore CD. Many computers don't come with one,
but they then are required to have the data on the hard drive so that
you can make a restore CD.

> If  format  does  not  work  I  will  remove  the  RAM.  And discard
> the  power  cord  somewhere  else.

That is absolutely useless. The data will still be on the hard drive and
easily accessible. There is no reason why a data erasure utility should
not work. Have you tried the one Jackie mentioned that works from a
floppy? Here's a list of others: