[pchelpers] Re: Dist format or disk eraser utility

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:28:38 +1300

On 3/11/2010 6:59 a.m., Jackie McBride wrote:
> Gerald:
> www.killdisk.com
>
> Warning!!!!!!
> That hard drive will be zeroed out! It'll be well nigh impossible to
> recover anything useful off it! U have been duly warned--twice.

That reads like a typical caution/warning. In short, only do this if you
want to re-format the drive (destroying its contents). After that you
could restore if available or use the operating system CD to re-install
the system (new).

Note:After you do, it will be necessary to re-establish your internet
connection before we can communicate again.
It may be wise to print the help messages you got about this to refer to
while setting up again.
--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786