[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:11:23 -0000

Alan

Glad you enjoyed the exhibits.  Mike Crisp was wandering on the first day
and said he was very pleased with what had been made available.  Makes an
exhibition worthwhile when you can enjoy the fruits of others labour and
develop a few ideas from them.
________________
Met Myke Baigent, but Mr Cathcart had absconded today!
Perhaps fortunate as the string was getting used rather rapidly!
_________________

I knew the string would run out before the end!  Obviously a very popular
exhibit beating all expectations!  So did you make yourself a rope to tie up
loose ends with?

Incidentally the lack of bargains at the Exhibition was very marked.  Some
of the stands were well over the top.  Tel would have had a fit!  I ended up
spending very little but justified the time spent on producing the rope
making machine by telling the wife I was so busy working it I had no time to
spend money.  Not sure whether she wholly believed me though.

No loco companies there, not even Polly.  ModelWorks seem to be wary of
exhibitions.  A bit sad really that no loco producers were in evidence but
hopefully there will be one or two at Alexandra Palace in January.

Peter