[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:41:18 -0000

Greetings chaps

One must agree that Cherry Hill has a rare and gifted talent, I don't
wish to sound of sour grapes or bad cheese but do any of her models
work, what a pity we never see any of them run.  There were a number of
years ago a trio of engineers called 'kendle, Gent and Taper' they made
fine sclae museum pieces of which every part fullfilled its function.  I
would also point out the work of Barrington Hares who's pieces actually
run and run very well.

I wonder if there ought to be separate sections within the competition
classes for pieces divided into working / running projects and glass
case exhibits / models.........just a thought and no I am not decrying
any of Mrs Hill's efforts.

Regards,

IP

Priest & Sons Model Engineers