[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:31:59 -0600

At 05:08 PM 12/28/04 -0500, you wrote:
>I respect and admire her work greatly, one of the all time best if not the
>best model engineer ever. - Cheers, Jeff Dayman

     I think you'd have a very difficult time arguing against that out of
sheer quantity if nothing else, not to mention originality.  For those not
familiar with exhibition judging, the challenge counts for something and
points are gained for originality and difficulty so it's possible for a
very well done job on a rare or unusual project to win out over a
stupendous job on a simpler or more common project.  As for quantity, most
1st cup winners turn out one in a lifetime, maybe two, but C.H. has turned
out a half-dozen maybe? with a few more on the way.

Regards,
Harry