[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:03:52 +0000

Alas Alan it is in the as built form with a wooden buffer plank and that
gorgeous Ramsbottom sloping smokebox so it needs to be bright and glossy all
over.

Keep your eyes peeled for it next year where I hope to be a lot further
along (and no doubt with lots more shoddy workmanship). One of the
interesting bits of taking over from Bert is to see how he tackled some
problems in a different way from how Chris Rayward (aka Hotspur the
designer) did it and how I would have done it. I'm a bit like Bert's Father
Confessor as there are one or two secrets known only to him and me (and the
very very close observer) which I'm not letting on about to anyone but he
did a fine fine job.

BTW I don't take any of the ME periodicals so if anyone sees a report of the
loco in them would they let me know as it sounds as though Bert's very
significant contribution is not acknowledged on the MDSME stand. I would not
want that to be perpetuated in the printed record. Bert is a very fine
engineer and what is more my son (to misquote Kipling [Do you like Kipling?
I don't know I've never kippled.]) a nice chap and he deserves credit for
what he has done.