[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:14:43 -0000

I have just arrived home after a tiring day at Sandown.

Some superb models, many more than last year.
Several club stands also with excellent models on.

Met Myke Baigent, but Mr Cathcart had absconded today!
Perhaps fortunate as the string was getting used rather rapidly!

Among the models, (and I will ignore Cherry Hill's, and the other award
winners) was a nice LNWR Dock Tank
only part built but with excellent detail, including what looked
suspiciously like iron oxide just to add to the authenticity! The label
credited it (?)  to a certain Mr Rickard.

Not many bargains. Loads of things being sold, but at prices which I felt
were too high.

I took some 150 photos, so after sorting through them, I will add them to my
website.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.