[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:52:17 +0000

Charles

Cherry Hill got the MBE ("My Bloody Effort" as compared with the OBE "Other
Bu**ers Efforts") so in speaking with her you are saved the problem and you
would address her in the same way as any "small l" lady. Generally the
feminine equivalent of "sir" is "lady" but it depends on the precise honour.

I'm trying ( and so far succeeding) not to tell some very gamey title
stories so I'll stop while the going is good.

Tim (I certainly shan't use the title by which the FD generally calls me!)