[modeleng] Re: Sandown Park Model Engineering Exhibition

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:52:01 -0600

Terry me lad,

 All this talk about Mrs Hill's workmanship has my curiosity stirred up.
Anyone got any photos of her models that could be emailed to me?  I likes to
see good work even if TEL thinks they are sort of porno.  All of my models
are not the greatist things of beauty, but I do run them when I get the
chance and when doing so, they get "kinda" grubby looking.  The Filer and
Stowell locomotive has some small pieces of coal in corners on the footplate
and I haven't used coal in it for several years.

Jesse in Ten-o-sea, USA

> Well now IP, you have just hit close to my feelings re. Ms Hiil's efforts.
> As much as I admire the technical skill she has put in (well beyond my
> humble efforts) I just feel that her models are kinda sterile. Admitted
I've