[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:46:06 -0500

.

.

> An easy solution is one where you don't have to be aware of or click a
> check box at all.

This sounds like the obvious answer to me.

I never really liked categories.
Is the terminal a "Utility" or an "Accessory"
Is email an "Internet" application, or an "Office" application.

I'm always left guessing.  Lets just stick to how BeOS did it.

http://www.jfedor.org/shots/beos.png

Thinking towards the future, has anyone mentioned using the application
attributes to make applications specify what kind of application
they are? For example, create a group of grouping guidelines, stick
all the symlinks in one place for now, and later let tracker sort it out.

"* Flat application menu"
"* Group applications by category"

 -- Alex