[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 22:20:28 +0200

Am 21/05/2013 22:08, schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
Regarding the ambiguity argument John brought up, I don't think that's
an argument for not having more categories at all. The first time you
want to start a certain application you might have to check two
categories. The next time you'll know where to find it and you'll be
faster then having to find it in a long list.

Furthermore, that's an information that should be in the package description, so the package manager could show where the application will end up. I wouldn't be too surprised if we'll use the same (main) categories within the package manager, anyway.

Bye,
   Axel.