[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:06:32 -0400

On May 22, 2013 3:44 AM, "Stephan Aßmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am completely with Axel on everything he said.
>
> But why don't we focus on the fact that the proposal would accomodate the
use-case where people want to organize their deskbar menu themselves, and
it would also accomodate the use-case where people couldn't care less about
having to do that. Since obviously the first group has no problem tweaking
options, they will surely find the option to disable the automatic menu
generation and how to place links themselves, while it's a good idea to
make the automatism the default for those users who don't want to spend
time configuring.

+1, same thoughts as you and Axel here.

Regards,

Rene