[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:12:15 -0700

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I cannot think of a better way to show that a flat paginated list of
> applications represents the new and improved way of organizing apps
> illustrated by Gnome 3, while relegating apps to categories is the old
> way illustrated by Cinnamon. Please do not repeat the mistakes of
> Gnome 2 and Cinnamon, instead embrace the progress that has been made.

You're kidding right? You realize that Gnome 3 (and by extension
Unity) have created a massive rift in the Linux desktop world... is it
progress if people hate it and refuse to use it?

At this point, I refuse to use Ubuntu - and have instead shifted to
using Linux Mint MATE or Cinnamon. This seems to have become a pretty
popular decision among previous Ubuntu users, so I know a large
percentage of people feel the same way I do.

- Urias