[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:59:48 -0700

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM,  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [Even more unfortunately, when I got r44242 running on my own desktop
> box, it turns out to be useless for me there, too!  As soon as I start
> feeding the audio chain (auich) with anything, the screen starts to
> freeze!  Adding a second mixer input locks the whole OS completely!
> I tried replacing libmedia.so, the mixer, and the auich driver with
> the ones from r42415 that I normally use: made no difference...]

These regressions need to be documented, and hopefully the source
identified (via binary-search of revisions between A3 and current).

Please file tickets (or add notes to any existing tickets that already
identify the regression)... the longer these issues go uninvestigated,
the harder it will likely become to properly identify and resolve
them.

Sounds like it could be an interrupt issue, or it could be related to
some recently discussed priority inversion issue in the scheduler.

- Urias