[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:13:22 -0400

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is might be an unpopular thing to say here(!) but have you considered
> switching to Linux for TT? I'm clearly a big Haiku fan and want the project
> to succeed, but if I was in the market for a radio automation system then
> Haiku it is not a platform I would choose to use, regardless of how
> excellent your software may be on top.

I see the pragmatism in your reply, but the audio system on Linux is
horrible, I would never build any commercial system with it. I mean
Linux couldn't even mix audio streams with Alsa, and PulseAudio has
been troublesome since it came out.

And I say this as someone who generally likes Linux and uses it a lot
in my work.

--
Regards,
Ryan