[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:08:54 +0200

On 21.06.2012 16:59, Dane wrote:
Opinions? What's the better approach, to set up a bounty or donate directly to
Haiku and have Haiku hire it to be done?

Depends on your options :-)
If you actually have enough money to spend, direct contract work would get it done in the best way.

If you have more time, and want to collect donations from other people, too, you could either use Kickstarter (if you already have someone doing the work for you), or a Haikuware bounty (as has already been pointed out).

Of course, you could also donate the money to Haiku Inc., and let them handle the thing, but that won't get you closer to the driver very fast either, unless there is someone willing to do the job.

I guess I would ask korli for a price, as he's the one with the best and most current knowledge about this driver in particular, and sound drivers in general.
I doubt it will be that much work for someone like him, anyway.

Bye,
   Axel.