[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: Dane <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:59:06 -0500

>> I'd like to set up and contribute to a significant bounty related to HDA
>> driver development, to improve HDA behavior.  What's the best way to
>> accomplish that?
> One way would be http://haikuware.com/bounties
> The other way would be Haiku Hiring a dev for it I can imagine

I would contribute in a big way and I know at least one other person who would,
and I'm sure it would also attract donations from many other people who need
HDA to work fully under Haiku.

> Didn't you talk about a touch driver some years back? Anything happend there?

Yes, we were "on the brink" of having that going with Haiku with mmlr but he's
not coding ATM I guess.  There's some sort of crash that needs to be solved in
the serial driver and then we will be able to resolve that.

The bigee right now (I mean REALLY big bigee) for TT Systems right now is HDA.
I don't want to say money is no object, but that's almost true.  We've GOT to
get HDA (input and output) in good shape, and fast.  We'd be willing to also
donate a motherboard with HDA to the developer.  Getting the HDA driver healthy
will keep us going, and of course will benefit lots of other users too!

Opinions? What's the better approach, to set up a bounty or donate directly to
Haiku and have Haiku hire it to be done?

Dane