[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:34:20 +0200

Hi Dane!

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:56:23 -0500 Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems
wrote:
> I'd like to set up and contribute to a significant bounty related to
> HDA driver
> development, to improve HDA behavior.  What's the best way to
> accomplish that?

As others already said, best to find a dev first and then create a
Haikuware bounty to let others chip into the pool. I know I'd donate a
modest amount even though my particular hardware is (somewhat?)
supported already.

Posting on this list is the right first step to reach most of the
experienced Haiku devs. Only, not just as a response to a thread, but
better in a new thread like "Hiring developer for HDA audio driver". In
it you should get more specific on the features needed in the driver to
consider the contract fulfilled (maybe even split into several
contracts).

You can take this as a template for the Haikuware bounty. Which you
should start soon anyway, maybe it (and the amount of the bounty) will
attract a dev that missed the announcement on this list. Accepting
someone unknown bears of course a risk. In that case make sure there's
a strict milestone timeline.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette