[haiku-development] Re: Laptop HDA audio

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:46:28 -0700

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm.  OK.  I didn't realize there had been such significant recent
> changes.  I've made a new stick (hrev44242).   Unfortunately the
> changes are so significant that it won't boot on my current machine!!
> (The boot icons appear, but none light up.  Safe mode makes no
> difference.)

You're not the only one experiencing that...

If possible, you should binary-search old revs until you locate a
range that caused the bustage - very possibly it was the same IOAPIC
changes that fixed things for other people. Some people have reported
certain USB changes causing failure-to-boot as well...

- Urias