[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:49:14 +0300

2012.04.03 19:38, Adrien Destugues rašė:
Le Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:07:49 +0200, Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx> a écrit:

2012.04.02 22:22, pulkomandy rašė:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:07:53PM +0300, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
Well, you would still have to space or shift into it, so I don't see
a problem here.
It is just not the place to look for a keymap setting. The current
ReadOnlyBootPrompt is fine, I think.

You misunderstood me. I wanted means to force ROBP loading from the boot menu, not to replace ROBP with it.

Ok... Still, not sure that makes sense. First-time users will likely not get to the boot menu before they have managed to boot Haiku, connect to IRC, and ask for help. At that point it's easier to tell them to open the keymap preflet.

I still think the guess of not having a keymap in user directory should work in most - if not all - cases. Am I missing some ?

Well, like I said, a potential scenario is you having a bootable and configured Haiku USB drive, and then wanting to install a clean copy from it for your friend.

Although at least for my scenario (reinstalling from a fresh nightly over a previously installed one), an option not to overwrite files in ~ would probably be sufficient. But I guess installing without config files will be easier to if all system components will be installed from packages in future (like they are in most Linux distros).

Rimas