[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 13:29:47 -0400

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't have a US Standard or Qwerty keymap in my list.. however, when I
> select Layout->104 keys (whatever its called), I get behavior as expected
> from BeOS.
>
> My Tilde (~), caret (^)  and even accent characters and command combos work
> as expected now.  Using US International w/ 104-keys selected instead of the
> default 105 solves it...

Changing the layout from Generic 105-key to Generic 104-key only
changes the layout that is displayed, not the keymap. You need to
select a different keymap from the left system list to actually change
the key assignments. Selecting "American" will get you the normal US
layout, but, as a consequence you'll also lose your dead keys and have
to reassign them via the dead keys drop down.

John Scipione