[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 18:53:40 +0300

Hi,

2012.03.30 05:10, François Revol rašė:
On 30/03/2012 00:04, John Scipione wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Rimas Kudelis<rq@xxxxxx>  wrote:
I actually managed to get to testing where that keymap failed a month or so
ago, and it did reliably fail with long dead key definitions such as the one
I showed you. I may have added the spaces you are talking about, but I don't
think they are to blame.

You can try editing any keymap file. Paste line 209 to it, and the keymap
app should crash, unless it's been fixed without me knowing. :)
Ahh, now I see what the problem is. Keymap only supports UTF-8
characters 1 through 4-bytes wide.

0xc4afcc87cc81 is 6 bytes, which is allowed by UTF-8, but not by
No it's not.

What you are trying to use here is a 2-bytes character + 2 2-bytes
diacritics as a single entity.
Isn't there precomposed versions instead ??

No, there aren't. These bytes represent Unicode named sequences.
And even if there were precomposed versions, would it make any difference? You mean we're OK with keeping Control and Opt layers for "advanced users" yet don't feel like entering more than one codepoint with one key is something an advanced user might want? :)

Rimas