[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:58:41 -0500

I would just like to say that my #1 dislike in Haiku is that my left and right Alt-keys are treated differently.

They both say 'Alt' and so they should do the same thing.... illogical any other way you look at it.

Same goes with the Shift & Ctrl keys...

Wouldn't make much sense to have the right shift key make a capital letter, and the right one perform some macro function, would it??

--The loon

PS: If y'all insist on this functionality, make it easily overridable with a checkbox in Keyboard:

"Treat left and right "Alt" and "Ctrl" keys the same." Or something to that effect.