[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:13:44 +0300

Hi,

2012.04.02 21:04, John Scipione rašė:
@RQ

I can copy the US-International keymap to US (which has no characters
defined in the option maps) but make it default to NOT defining an
AltGr key, rather defining a right Alt key by default. That means you
won't be able to select any special characters in the US keymap, but,
you'll be able to select AltGr in the Modifier keys window if you want
them. I am currently in the process of updating that dialog to support
AltGr with a few other enhancements. So much for the idea of US
staying version 3!

But IMO, it's rather pointless. If a person wants US keymap with clutter in AltGr, they can just choose the international keymap... Unless you would remove one of the keymaps, but then people would complain that their keymap is gone.. :)

Rimas