[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:26:32 -0600

Dr. Jones,

Thank you for your welcome.  I too moved my family Sabbath from Sunday
to Saturday, but more recently began observing Sabbaths on the 8th,
15th, 22nd and 29th days of the lunar months.  The 1st (and 30th on 30
day months) is a New Moon Day.  Today for example was the 15th of Adar,
on which the Jews rested after avenging their enemies (Esther 9: 18).
The Israelites were shown the weekly Sabbath on the 22nd with the manna
in the Wilderness, which would mean that the 15th was also a Sabbath
(Exodus 16).  Another example is the seventh month on which the 1st of
the month is the Day of Shouting on a New Moon (commemorating Creation),
and the 15th and 22nd are Sabbaths... In this calendar, which I would
argue was still observed by the Jews in Messiah's day, months are a real
unit, with a New Moon Day followed by four "weeks" of 6 working days and
a Sabbath.  The moon is a sign to identify Sabbaths, with the Sabbaths
general correlating with 1st quarter, full moon, last quarter, and a
final rebuilding stage of the moon.

Carl