[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:20:30 +0000 (GMT)

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Dr. Felland to the forum.
Judging by his first posting, he will be of great benefit to our discussions.

I moved our family Sabbath from Sunday to Saturday as soon as it was pointed
out to me that the Sabbath has never changed. A pope "changed" it sometime
around 321 AD, but failed to realize that he had no authority to do so. The
Sabbath was instigated by God and God has never changed the Sabbath day.

The main reason for a Sabbath is for the Israelites to remember how God took
them by the hand and led them out of captivity in Egypt.

In the same way, Bush would do well to remember that he has no authority to try
and take what God has given to the Jews and hand it over to the Philistines.

Whoops. Where was I? Oh, yes, geocentrism ...

Neville.

Amnon <yerushabel3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At the time of the bloody schism of the Julian-Gregorian calendrical
reform, when it was suggested to Pope Gregory (1582) that it might be
easier to adopt the proven Jewish calendar, he exclaimed: " 'tis better
to be wrong with the calendar than right with the Jews!".
<>
Only the intercalary Jewish calendar has managed to reconcile so well
for so long the three distinct geocentric motions of the solar (the
year), lunar (the month) and diurnal (day) periods.
H<>ow unlike the calendars of the nations. The Christian world has its
years correctly calculated, but not the months. The 365 days of the year
are arbitrarily divided into twelve months, which themselves have no
relation to the orbit of the moon.

The Moslems have correct months, but incorrect years. They simply make
the twelve lunar months into a year of 354 days, which is eleven short!
The result is that their festivals are not bound to the seasons of the
year, and keep shifting, now to the spring, now to the winter, and then
to the summer: not exactly conducive to calmness of spirit. Some hold
this as being partly responsible for the volatility of the Muslim
character!

Carl Felland wrote:

My family and I began to observe a solar/lunar "Creation calendar"
(Gen.
1: 14) about a year ago in which the 6 working days, weekly Sabbaths,
and New Moon Days are mutually exclusive (Eze. 46: 1, 3

1. IN BIBLICAL COSMOLOGY, THE WORLD DOES NOT ROTATE.

Website   www.midclyth.supanet.com