[geocentrism] Ancient calendars

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:48:57 -0600

Neville, Steven, and group,
By way of introduction, I am trained as an Entomologist (Ph.D.
Mississippi State University, 1989) and was employed by Pennsylvania
State University for ten years before opting for a more Biblical
lifestyle in Arkansas.  I have espoused most of the viewpoints of
Institute of Creation Research through graduate school and beyond.  I
feel that my contribution to creation understanding is a demonstration
that the Hebrew alphabet is formed around the words 'Israel' and 'Zion.'
'Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal' rejected the paper, but I have
put it online (http://yahuah.org/IZCentral.html).

My family and I began to observe a solar/lunar "Creation calendar" (Gen.
1: 14) about a year ago in which the 6 working days, weekly Sabbaths,
and New Moon Days are mutually exclusive (Eze. 46: 1, 3).  Through
others who are observing this calendar I was introduced to the geostatic
world view.  I have perused your web site, look forward to your new CD,
and have been following the discussions on this list.

I recently read Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision and noted his ancient
calendar study pointing to a 360 day year in the past.  This, plus the
prophetic 360 day year of the Scriptures, leads me to wonder if the
current length of the year is different from that at creation or whether
the 360 day calendar is based on something else.  Velikovsky argued that
the Plagues and Joshua's long day were a result of brushes with comets
and that the hail that fell in both was likely meteors.  He argued that
it was the earth's rotation that was altered.  Does the geostatic
position allow for "natural" explanations for the cataclysmic events in
earth history?  Does the geostatic position allow for a change in the
length of the solar year?

C. M. Felland