[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:05:26 +0000 (GMT)

Carl,

We have recently reached agreement that Joshua's long day can not be explained
with a rotating World, so Velikovsky's suggestion (that the World's rotation
was altered) is not consistent with Scripture.

You asked, "Does the geostatic position allow for "natural" explanations for
the cataclysmic events in earth history?"

Most definitely, yes. The most obvious example being the water from above
during the Noachian deluge.

You further asked, "Does the geostatic position allow for a change in the
length of the solar year?"

Yes. That could be very easily achieved by, for instance, changing the
inclination of the ecliptic slightly. There are other ways, too.

Yours in Christ,

Neville.

Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Neville, Steven, and group,
I recently read Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision and noted his ancient
calendar study pointing to a 360 day year in the past. This, plus the
prophetic 360 day year of the Scriptures, leads me to wonder if the
current length of the year is different from that at creation or whether
the 360 day calendar is based on something else. Velikovsky argued that
the Plagues and Joshua's long day were a result of brushes with comets
and that the hail that fell in both was likely meteors. He argued that
it was the earth's rotation that was altered. Does the geostatic
position allow for "natural" explanations for the cataclysmic events in
earth history? Does the geostatic position allow for a change in the
length of the solar year?

C. M. Felland

1. IN BIBLICAL COSMOLOGY, THE WORLD DOES NOT ROTATE.

Website   www.midclyth.supanet.com