[geocentrism] Re: Ancient calendars

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:49:01 +1000

At the time of the bloody schism of the Julian-Gregorian calendrical
reform, when it was suggested to Pope Gregory (1582) that it might be
easier to adopt the proven Jewish calendar, he exclaimed: " 'tis better
to be wrong with the calendar than right with the Jews!".  Amnon.
What a strangely unCatholic thing to say. Just goes to prove that Popes are
just ordinary men capable of sin like all others. Just as well he had not tried
to make that utterance Ex Cathedra... He would have been struck dead or dumb on
the spot , before he finished.

Oh well here we go again......Grin.

Thanks for the interesting insight on the calandars Amnon. I have often
wondered if we really have the calandars right even for the years. Is this
still only 1999 perhaps? I recall somewhere, that in the middle ages, calandars
varied from city to city even...