[GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching will shut down

  • From: Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:06:19 -0600

yep, thats a real tough one.  I know an old lady that caches in a wheelchair.
Her high quality caches are the ones she can reach from her chair, in parking
lots, by guard rails. She could not care less about the cool cache just a bit
down the trail in the woods because she cant get there.

Not everyone things of quality the same way.

On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:

> The problem lies with defining what constitutes a "quality" cache. Some
> people might want a long hike, some might want difficult terrain, others a
> hard puzzle and some find just the caching experience and almost any cache
> that gets them outdoors to be quality.
>
> This was best evidenced on TC.com itself. You'd be amazed at how similar the
> vast majority of caches there were like ones on Groundspeak.
>
> -Michael

Glenn