[GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching will shut down

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:51:12 -0600

-
Maybe they should just create a new kind of cache. A "log only" cache. That way you don't have to actually visit the cache. You just log it for the numbers.

On 11/29/2010 5:34 PM, Bear wrote:
I agree. However, to Jim's point, when you tie wrap 1000 film cans on reflector poles every tenth of a mile, it doesn't serve anyone but number hounds. I don't think you can justify that as quality over quantity.

Mike Griffin
World Wide Technology, INC.
O - 314-995-8935
C - 314-308-0916

Sent from my AT&T iPhone.
Please excuse any typos.

On Nov 29, 2010, at 5:06 PM, Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

yep, thats a real tough one. I know an old lady that caches in a wheelchair. Her high quality caches are the ones she can reach from her chair, in parking lots, by guard rails. She could not care less about the cool cache just a bit down the trail in the woods because she cant get there.

Not everyone things of quality the same way.

On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:

The problem lies with defining what constitutes a "quality" cache. Some people might want a long hike, some might want difficult terrain, others a hard puzzle and some find just the caching experience and almost any cache that gets them outdoors to be quality.

This was best evidenced onTC.com <http://TC.com>itself. You'd be amazed at how similar the vast majority of caches there were like ones on Groundspeak.

-Michael