[GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching will shut down

  • From: "ehamemail" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:41:16 -0600

-
They do ..  WHAT?  Really?
Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:48 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching will shut down

-
Actually, lots of the number hounds cannot be bothered with taking the time to log a cache. So they have developed shuffling. They replace the first container with one with a signed log, they sign the log on the way to the next cache, and then replace the cache with the previous cache. Then they act like they are super cachers.

I've been thinking of a cache and calling it the "Yellow Jeep Cache." It would be an ammo box with 30 black decoy film canisters. Then there would be a clear film canister that is the real cache. You will be able to log it every time you put the clear one back in and refind it. I think I would limit it to 5,000 finds a day (and each could be a FTF in its new location). I would only require them to sticker the log once and then put how many times they found it on the log.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"