[GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching will shut down

  • From: lane634@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:31:06 +0000

Why worry about what other cachers are doing?  If people aren't worried about
numbers, they could stop logging caches.

I find it's best to stay out of other people's affairs.

Phil

From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:26:21
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: December 31st, 2010,terracaching  will shut down

The problem lies with defining what constitutes a "quality" cache. Some people
might want a long hike, some might want difficult terrain, others a hard puzzle
and some find just the caching experience and almost any cache that gets them
outdoors to be quality.

This was best evidenced on TC.com itself. You'd be amazed at how similar the
vast majority of caches there were like ones on Groundspeak.

-Michael