[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:05:39 -0500

I pray you are managing to embrace both the joys and the challenges of God's call for us to serve and love as Jesus showed us how.

This next Sunday is the third Sunday of Easter. Do we have eyes to see God’s vision for new life? Do we have ears to hear God’s creating movement—in our lives and in our congregations? Dare we see with God’s eyes? Clutching our cherished certainties, we’re confronted with an enlarged vision of what God is up to. Like Saul, we surrender what we thought was true and give ourselves to a new way of seeing the big picture of God’s action.

The scriptures we will consider during our worship together are John 21:1-19; Acts 9:1-6; and Revelation 5:11-14. Thoughts prompted by these passages will compose the sermon, 'When vision exceeds human capacity.'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,