[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:59:32 -0600

I pray you are finding new light and sensitivity as you continue the journey
with Jesus through the season of lent.

I will be away from the office after today until next Tuesday for my
scheduled absence.  Next Sunday, Floyd Born, retired Mennonite minister,
will be our guest preacher.  Most recently, Floyd served as pastor of Peace
Mennonite, Dallas (1989-94), and Zion Mennonite, Elbing, KS (1994-2003).
For the past six years he has been a member of the WDC Ministerial
Committee, serving as the Chair for the past four years.  In the early 90's,
Floyd and Bertha served as camp chefs at the Mid-TX Children's Camp, an
experience they recall with great satisfaction.  We welcome Floyd to our
community with gratitude for his ministry to us.

Please continue to hold close to your spirits those in our congregation who
are suffering from illness and distress as well as those who will be
traveling in the days ahead.