[amc] a note from the pastor

I pray you are gratefully anticipating the new adventures that have been
prepared for us.

There is always a period of time involved whenever we began something new
before understanding and competency occur.  If we choose to accept a more
current operating system it always takes a while before we can become
comfortable that we are using the new system to its fullest potential.
Maybe this is similar to how we must accommodate something new that the
Creator God is doing in us and for us.  We have recently celebrated the
arrival of the Prince of Peace, a declaration of divine initiative whereby
the previously aloof or at least prejudiced Holy Spirit now comes incarnate
to live among and within us-all of us.  And associated with this arrival are
the natural consequences of a 'peaceful prince' coming to engage
circumstances characteristic of our distressed, confused world.  All of us
have visions of an effective strategy that the Prince should use.  The valid
pursuit is to recognize how he is doing it.  These thoughts will compose the
sermon for this next Sunday, 'The dance of the peaceful prince.'

May it go well with you.  Sincerely,

Garland Robertson

...always hold firmly to the thought that each one of us can do something to
bring some portion of misery to an end