[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:49:50 -0600

I pray you are discovering enrichment as you in faith follow the pathway
that God has prepared for you.

On January 21, 1525, the first recorded Anabaptist baptism took place in
Zurich, Switzerland.  For many years our global faith family has observed
World Fellowship Sunday on a Sunday in January to remember our common roots
and celebrate our worldwide koinonia.  Each year Mennonites form different
continental regions prepare material for the celebration.  This year a
sister and brother from Tanzania, Hellen Bradburn and Matiku Nyitambe, have
taken their turn in the rotation, producing worship materials that reflect
life in their part of the world.  We will share communion as a part of this
celebration of community.

The sermon for next Sunday will consider the commitment of Martin Luther
King, Jr. as he labored to confront a specific injustice at work against his
community.  These thoughts will compose the meditation, 'Christ the King and
M.L. King, Jr.'