[amc] Re: a note from the pastor

  • From: "Holly Herr" <hollyjill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:00:15 -0500

Hi folks,

I have certainly missed all of you lately and missed our worship services. I
am in DC at a conference till Sunday and will then travel to see my dad in
Virginia for a few days. He is in a rehab hospital and is doing WONDERFULLY.
He is trying so hard and his personality is just amazing. He is very
unguarded with his emotions and incredibly sweet and gracious. Today he told
my brother in all earnestness "I think I could learn how to walk better in
the mountains. I mean, it would be uphill but I could hold onto the trees."
He also figured out that the window to his room is facing west, so he is now
oriented to where he is in relation to the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's hard
for him, he wants to go home so badly, but he understands that he can't and
continues to be amazingly compliant and patient with treatment. The biggest
safety concern is really impulse control at this point, although we would
definitely need to monitor him for falls and physical safety. He's also
depressed about being out of shape - he told my brother "yeah, I haven't
been biking lately." His memory is great but he doesn't have comprehension
of what happened - the most progress with traumatic brain injuries usually
occurs in the first 6 months, but there is still improvement that takes
place after that. Since he started talking he has made incredible progress.
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for your prayers. God is present, always. That
is one of the few assurances we have in this life.

see you soon,
Holly