[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:01:03 -0600

I pray you are finding deep contentment in your journey of faith.

As we continue our companionship with Jesus through this Lenten season, we
observe how the pattern of Jesus's life is represented as a standard for
guiding our journey into eternal living.  Jesus has come that we might be
saved.  In the process of our daily living, we can casually proceed as
though all is well.  We usually have the things we need.  We are relatively
comfortable.  So what does it mean to us that Jesus has come to 'save' us?
What do we need to be saved from?  .Could it be diversions that cause us to
miss the essential purpose for our life here?  These thoughts will compose
the sermon for this next Sunday, 'Remembering why we follow Jesus.'