[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:13:26 -0500

I pray you are finding courage and reason enough to continue moving toward the shelter of God's eternal provisions.

Next Sunday is the fifth Sunday in Lent. Is God calling us to love more extravagantly? What might that look like? Can we let go of our mild-mannered thoughts about God in order to embrace and hold on to God’s wild, over-the-top love? What we once prized seems like trash compared to an intimate relationship with God. Relinquishing our self-justifying ways, we pour ourselves out as a gift.

The scriptures suggested for the day are Isaiah 43:16-21 and John 12:1-8. Marilyn will be our preacher, speaking about 'Recognizing the divine.' Ron will sing an anonymous piece, 'Is Anybody Here Like Weepin' Mary.'

I will be in New York City, at the Riverside Church, for a Truth Commission on Conscience in War, meeting on Sunday and Monday. I have included a flyer about the gathering in the bulletin to give you more information about this unprecedented, exciting, and encouraging event.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,