[ssug-malappuram] Re: Technical support teams in Every District.

  • From: Sreejith <sreejith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssug-malappuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:54:55 +0530

Mahesh M wrote:
"A team from MES" is a good idea idea..
But details like "how many", "What kind of work" etc are quite very very important.

I dont think we can count more than 10 or maximum of 15 students. Thats all.

I think a mixed team would be better, rather than concidering college-wise.. Then it will be technically (and other-wise also) sound..

Well its just an opinion...
Well, the group is meant for giving necessary tech support to conduct workshops(as we did in THS) in schools across the district. We need groups with at least 3 members in each group, mostly from 4th sem and 6th sem (Not more than 5 :-) ). Schools will organize workshops and we have to give complete technical support including lectures,(GNU/Linux related topics), practical sessions(Phoenix, Electronics and Programming) , project etc. We will be having another PHOENIX workshop for School Teachers in June organized by KSTA (Kerala School Teachers Association)...:-). So we need the teams ready by the end of this month. It would be really great if the team were exposed to one of the PHOENIX workshops in June.

Cheers,
Sreejith

--
[root@debian /root]# man real-life
No manual entry for real-life

Phoenix is a framework that can be used for developing computer interfaced
science experiments without getting into the details of electronics or computer
programming. The objective is to make teachers and students familiar with
computerized experimental systems and also to enable them to develop new
experiments.
http://nsc.res.in/~elab/phoenix/
Share your thoughts about what you can do with Phoenix.
http://electronics.wikia.com/wiki/PHOENIX

Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!

Wiki: http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Malappuram