[sparkscoffee] Re: National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

  • From: "schalestock@xxxxxxxx" <schalestock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:32:19 GMT

RR

I can understand and respect the Jews being insular and protective in
preserving their culture. Hell, the Icelanders are the same way. Just try
marrying an Icelandic woman in Iceland. Big cultural no no.

I think the burden the Jews carry is their denial that Jesus was their Messiah.
So they continue to wait. Their belief is that the messiah will come with
temporal power and glory to smite their enemies. Jesus was the antithesis of
this with his humble message of love and forgiveness.  I think the Jews may be
very disappointed if it turns out they were wrong. But in the meantime, it's
understandable why they are so insular in their believes.  Jesus, among other
things, understood human nature better than anyone in history. He knew that
love does indeed trump all other considerations.  Thus you have Jews marrying
Gentiles despite their cultural indoctrination.  Just saying...

JS