[sparkscoffee] Re: National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

  • From: "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:17:58 -0500

I can sympathize with your plight RG.  That is a wicked heresy you were
under, very unfit for man, woman, and child - for everyone.  I have a woman
friend who has since converted to Catholicism after studying the Bible and
realizing the errors she was brought up under.  She was literally cursed at
when she wanted to play basketball, she endured a stern lecture from her
father when she as an adult cut her hair, and the make-up she wore?  That
was even worse.  Jesus extended the Covenant to the Gentile - the non-Jew,
and when Peter the Head of the Apostles (or Bishops) had a vision about
eating shell fish and other prohibited foods under the dietary laws, he
understood by a gift of the Holy Spirit that to change the dietary laws and
further development by Apostle Paul was to say that the non-Jews did not
have to obey all the Jewish laws (dietary, not cutting the hair on the side
of the head, not cutting the bottom of the beard, etc..) but only the laws
that were required of all men:  Observance of the Ten Commandments, etc..
Icons were allowed as they were allowed and in fact commanded by G-d who
ordered the ornaments of the Holy of Holies and the golden Cherubim of the
Arc of the Covenant.  Unfortunately the teachings of Jesus are not in a
Executive Summary.

I had in fact been waiting for you to write about the Jewish law that
requires Jews to avoid others who are not Jews, and furthermore to marry
only those who are Jewish. (There have been very notable exceptions to this
and it would be interesting reading if anyone wants to pursue the time when
Jews married foreigners (non-Jews) because there were NO Jewish women).

I had been waiting for you or CB to speak up, as I thought you were Jewish,
and perhaps you are.  As many here know a person's being a Jew is
determined by his mother - which is the reason for marrying only Jews.
Thus it is possible for men and women to have Jewish family names but they
have been brought up in another religion.  My father-in-law had to family,
his name was an obvious Jewish family name.  The first family raised their
children Catholic.  The second family of which my wife was born was Jewish
because Dad married a Jewish woman and begat three children - all of whom
are Jewish, and two of them worship faithfully at temple, while my wife is
a convert to Christianity, and was baptised "In the Name of the Father, Son
and Holy Spirit."

Earlier, RR, mentioned that Jesus never claimed to be G-d in the Bible.
There are many passages that show otherwise.

*Evidence from the
Scriptures*<http://www.catholicbasictraining.com/apologetics/coursetexts/6b.htm>

There are many verses in the New Testament which confirm the divinity of
Christ. In John 20:28 <http://bible.cc/john/20-28.htm> Thomas falls to
Jesus’ feet saying, “my Lord and my God!” and Jesus does not rebuke or
correct Him. In John 5:18 <http://bible.cc/john/5-18.htm> Jesus “called God
His Father, making himself equal with God.”

In John 1:1 <http://bible.cc/john/1-1.htm> we are told that “the Word
[Jesus] was God”. <http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/8-58.htm>John
8:58-59speaks of Jesus' divinity both by talking about His eternal
nature and also
by using the name of God; “I AM” - – this should be compared with
<http://bible.cc/exodus/3-14.htm>Exodus
3:14 <http://bible.cc/exodus/3-14.htm>, <http://bible.cc/exodus/20-7.htm>
20:7 <http://bible.cc/exodus/20-7.htm>, Leviticus
19:12<http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-12.htm>and
24:14-16 <http://niv.scripturetext.com/leviticus/24-14.htm>. Would Jesus
(an observant Jew) make such a claim and use the very name of God so
casually in light of the teaching in these verses?

In John 10:30-33 <http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/10-30.htm> Jesus says
that He and the Father are one. John
10:38<http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/10-38.htm>,
12:45 <http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/12-45.htm> and
14:8-12<http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/14-8.htm>all contain clear
teaching that Jesus and the Father are intimately
connected.

Colossians 2:9 <http://bible.cc/colossians/2-9.htm> contains a explicit
teaching of Christ's divinity, as does 1 Timothy
2:13<http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-13.htm>
.

There are other verses which point to the divinity of Christ, but these
verses are the main ones which are explicit and easiest to understand.
Jesus commands to baptise in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
in Matthew 28:19 <http://bible.cc/matthew/28-19.htm> and here at at other
places that the One Go-d is a g-d of relationship, that within Himself, the
One, are three, which are called the Trinity.  He (Jesus) was the Word, and
the Word existed with G-d and always existed with Him and there was never a
time where the Word that made everything didn't exist.  There is a curious
word in Genesis when G-d was creating the world which the Jews were
perplexed over:  the word "us"<http://niv.scripturetext.com/genesis/1-26.htm>.
Then God said, “Let *us* make man in our image, in our likeness, and let
them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the
livestock, over all the
earth,b<http://niv.scripturetext.com/genesis/1-26.htm#footnotesb>and
over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So there are many other verses.  There are also verses which show that by
baptism and repentance we are forgiven by the authority placed in Jesus
apostles to forgive sins, that we share in kinship with Jesus, not that we
become identical with him, but that the relationship given by grace grows
stronger as we persevere using that grace and avoid sin so that it
continues to flower and when our body dies, the remaining soul continues
its journey to be in His Father's House where there are many rooms, and
that Jesus has to go there and prepare those rooms for us in John
14.2<http://bible.cc/john/14-2.htm>
.

73

DR