[sparkscoffee] Re: National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

  • From: "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:42:15 -0500

SB,

Don't worry about it, SB.  We agree and I know you never objected, neither
do I.  I believe G-d is similiar to all the goodness in man and woman and
that sex is not a quality G-d has, but He may behave like a man as in He
initiates.  Christians believe the soul of every person is female because
it is acted upon and it is receptive to the action of G-d in the "I-Thou"
relationship as Martin Buber called it.

For RR, I found the quote - and it's History and history is always written
after it happens.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

*"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he
performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received
the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the
chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had
conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the
third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having
foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect
of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities,
Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1). *
*
*

- See more at:
http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/historical-and-scientific-proof-of-jesus-faq.htm#sthash.NTnZK3Px.dpuf

It's fascinating.  If you object to believing things that old, I guess you
don't believe Heroditus this Historian ca. 484 - 425 BC (or BCE) either,
even though there is archæological evidence for what he reports as history,
and the same for Josephus - Pontius Pilot was historically unknown except
for Josephus - but recent evidence - I believe what is similar to a corner
stone shows he built such a structure the remains of which were recently
discovered.

DR