[sparkscoffee] Re: National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

  • From: Ron George <xgeorge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:41:16 -0700

Neither does some Christian religions. I was raised in religion so conservative that other Protestant religions were considered evil and their members doomed to hellfire. If your son or daughter married outside the faith then they would not only be shunned by the church but also by their parents. Wedding rings were of the devil along with lipstick. No reading of your mail on the Sabbath day or eating lobster at any time. The bible was to be taken literally, i.e. science was wrong, the earth was only 7,000 years old, dinosaurs were a result of interbreeding different species of animals and we don't have any today because

Noah didn't take them in the Ark.

I am told the church has liberalized quite a bit since I departed many years ago.

Once you convince a child to believe in an imaginary god you can control them until they die.

On 2/15/2013 2:22 PM, Ron Ristad wrote:
Traditional Judaism does not permit interfaith marriages.