[sparkscoffee] Re: Holocaust quiz

  • From: "schalestock@xxxxxxxx" <schalestock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:56:30 GMT

Stanley,

Here's the full reference.  Although dating back to the 14th century, it was
immortalized in Shakespeare's  Richard The Third.
 At the battle of Bosworth Field when Richard's horse got stuck in the mud, he
supposedly shouted  " A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

It is a classic example of how cause and effect changes history.

For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

I doubt the elimination of Ho Chi Mhin in '64 would have prevented the war but
it would have certainly impeded it's progress.
A better example would be the assassination of JFK.  He had issued an executive
order prior to his death, recalling all our military advisers then in Viet Nam.
  Johnson rescinded the order shortly after he took office. Had Kennedy lived,
there is a high probability we would not have fought that war.,

Johnson's  White House (like Obama's) held politics as their number one
priority, to the extent that McNamara and Johnson insisted on micro managing
the battlefield it self. This arrogant and stupid policy with it's attendant
"rules of engagement" cost an untold number of American lives.  You only have
to look at the Benghazi fiasco to see Obama is of the same stupid, destructive
mindset where politics is the overriding priority and the lives of Americans be
damned.  Or, as Queen Hillary so famously told congress, "What difference does
it make now?" What difference indeed. Only six dead Americans, including our
ambassador.

JS
Start Taxes for FREE
TaxSlayer.com. Fast, Secure and Always Accurate. Start for Free today.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/511cdf32712585f3214dast03vuc