[sparkscoffee] Re: Holocaust quiz

  • From: Sblumen123@xxxxxxx
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:43:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi gang
I remember reading that most Jews lived in Poland but what
was the number or percentage I don't know. A Germain Jew
was considered as on the highest level education,
accomplishment wise to be proud of, before Hitler of course.

Comrade B

In a message dated 2/7/2013 7:48:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ristad@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

RG,
I think it's a  fair question. If there were only 6 million Jews in all of
Europe then  the
Nazi's would have had to had killed them all. The Jewish owned  Wikipedia
website
you posted the link to claims that 60% of the Jews were  killed but that
still only
comes out to 3.6 million.

There were a  total of slightly less than 10 million Jews in all of Europe
including
the  Allied countries in 1939 and over 4 million Jews in those countries
when  the
war ended in 1945, and that's not counting those who immigrated to  other
countries.

Source:  http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/angap03.asp

The thing that  really surprised was the very small number of Jews,
200,000, that
lived in  Germany in 1939. There were almost 600,000 Jews in Germany when
Hitler came  to power in 1933, which means that 2/3 left the country. I
always
wondered  why the Jews didn't leave Germany. Now I know that most did in
fact leave  Germany. Which means that the overwhelming number of Jews who
died in WWII  were civilian casualties of war, what the U.S. military now
calls
"collateral damage".

-RR