[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD numbers in shelters

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 07:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

#1 the memebrs of the  GSDCA produce only a minute quantity of the  GSD's
produced annually in this county. #2 The people who usually seek out pups of
our caliber are normally not those that PUT THEM DOWN, at the slightest
financial or medical problem (although there will always be a few). Most of
these dogs have been raised in back yards with little concern of health or
temperment; or puppy mills. Hell go yo your local WALMART and see how many
litters are being sold in the parking lot every weekend.

  If someone can come up with an idea of how to control those breeding without
infringing on the rights of serious breeders, I'm all for it, otherwise we will
always be stuck with this problem and THANK GOD for people like Dawn and her
friends who not only find homes for many but keep the rest of us evermindful of
OUR responsibilies as breeders and pet owners. Morgan
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:
  > AND I GUESS YOU ARE ONE OF THE ARISTAS WHO THINKS SHOW BREEDERS ARE
> STOPPING THE CHANCES OF SHELTERS DOGS FROM BEING ADOPTED,,,,RIGHT

LOL - are you talking to me, dawn or peggy?

i've been breeding/exhibiting for 25+ plus years - have bred/owned
Futurity/Maturity winners, ROMs, Selects. the # 1 GSD IN THE UNITED STATES. i
was a
founding board member of the american german shepherd rescue association, you
know...the GSDCA breed rescue??????????

or maybe you meant dawn, who has bred a couple of litters and finished enough
of the progeny to get an ROM on her bitch. gee, she PULLS the dogs from
shelters.

or maybe you mean peggy,,, the AKC licensed judge?

you are treading on some very thin ice here and i STRONGLY suggest that you
watch the name calling. it sounds ignorant and foolish at best.

diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI, GSDCA Health Award