[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD numbers in shelters

  • From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:22:13 -0500

I have been reading all the post about this subject. Let me say over the
years I have had MANY calls from people that tell me they have an AKC
registered GSD and the "breeder" said they were show quality because of the
registration! I have them bring their pups to my house.....and I have seen
some of the worst of the worst. They HAVE to be mixed with SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
BUT, in the end they are in deed AKC registered......just like mine. I have
NO DOUBT that many of what we consider "mixed" are indeed AKC
registered...and that is suppose to make them "pure bred". People need to
get real and realize those AKC papers are blackmarketed all the
time............those papers are ONLY as good as the reputation of the
people that signs them. Mo